Is there any good reason why C++ namespaces are "closed" in D?

Manu turkeyman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 04:53:05 UTC 2018

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 at 16:30, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On 8/4/2018 12:45 AM, Manu wrote:
> > [...]
> I get it, Manu, you don't find my arguments compelling. You've put these forth
> before, and I could repeat myself rebutting each. I expect we're at a dead end
> with that.

So, what you're saying is "I hear you, and I will never change it
because I subjectively prefer it the way it is in spite of every users
experience".
Will you commit to that position officially, so we can refer back to
it in future?

Just support the string namespace? It won't hurt you, our code will be
better, and you'll make us all that actually link to C++ so much
happier for it.

If we produce a DIP to fix this, will you reject it in principle?