Engine of forum

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Mon Aug 20 10:55:54 UTC 2018

On 20/08/2018 10:38 PM, Andrey wrote:
> On Monday, 20 August 2018 at 09:52:01 UTC, Peter Alexander wrote:
>> What are the specific problems solved or opportunities realised by
>> moving to a real forum?
>
> Normal view,

DFeed supports multiple views, is there some special one you wish to
request?

> user profiles,

Why do you need that? All the information you need is embedded right
into the messages themselves (its just emails after all, that yes you
can download!).

> formatting of messages (we are programmers - we need format),

My install of Thunderbird has markdown extensions, so I have formatting.

> when reply you don't need to quote...

Plenty of forum users are required to quote. You lose track of what
you're replying to otherwise because they are not a tree, its a list of
replies only (which is very very bad and which N.G. does a lot better).

> It's a strange question, really. As though no one was on the normal
> forums and do not know how they are convenient.

I have used both. N.G. are more convenient once you get use to them as a
technically inclined person. Especially with DFeed, most have horrible
interfaces.