D is dead

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Fri Aug 24 11:20:51 UTC 2018

On Friday, August 24, 2018 4:08:52 AM MDT Shachar Shemesh via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On 24/08/18 10:43, FeepingCreature wrote:
> > Have you tried to use the excellent Dustmite tool? It's never failed to
> > reduce a bug for me.
>
> Dustmite might be excellent. I wouldn't know. It cannot swallow the Weka
> code base.

Dustmite can be fantastic, but it's far from a silver bullet. It's often
difficult to give it stopping criteria in a way that gets you what you want,
and you don't have to have all that much code before it takes hours to
finish (one of my coworkers was recently trying to use dustmite to find an
issue, and he had it running for days). I would expect that with a code base
of any real size, you would have to be able to take a modular piece of it
and test it directly in order to have much hope of it getting the job done.

- Jonathan M Davis