Dicebot on leaving D: It is anarchy driven development in all its glory.

Paolo Invernizzi paolo.invernizzi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 08:23:13 UTC 2018

On Friday, 24 August 2018 at 21:57:55 UTC, Meta wrote:
> On Friday, 24 August 2018 at 21:53:18 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> I think it's clear by now that most of D's woes are not really
>> technical in nature, but managerial.

> Agreed.

>> I'm not sure how to improve this situation, since I'm no
>> manager type either.

> Money is the only feasible solution IMO. How many people
> posting on this forum would quit their job tomorrow and solely
> contribute to OSS and/or work on their own projects if money
> wasn't an issue? The majority of people don't like being told
> what to do, and only want to work on what they're interested
> in. The only way to get them to work on something they're not
> interested in is to pay them.

As the discussion seed is a post from Mihails, I want to recall
the author [1]:

"Didn't intend to chime in, but no, that was not what I have
meant at all. My stance is that as long as current leadership
remains in charge and keep sames attitude, no amount of money or
developer time will fix D.

What is the point in hiring someone to manage things if Walter
still can do stuff like -dip1000? For me moment of understanding
this was exact point of no return."

What are the opinions on that, specifically on the attitude?

[1]
https://forum.dlang.org/post/yadddavkoopieykhaczx@forum.dlang.org

/Paolo