Dicebot on leaving D: It is anarchy driven development in all its glory.

Ali fakeemail at example.com
Sun Aug 26 03:17:06 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 22 August 2018 at 11:59:37 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi
wrote:
> Just found by chance, if someone is interested [1] [2].
>
> /Paolo
>
> [1]
> https://gitlab.com/mihails.strasuns/blog/blob/master/articles/on_leaving_d.md
> [2]
> https://blog.mist.global/articles/My_concerns_about_D_programming_language.html

My summary of this discussion

* D as a language have issues, issues serious enough that they
cannot be fixed without introducing breaking changes, which more
or less means creating a spinoff language, or languages

* D as a project have issues, those cannot be fixed, because D's
main attraction is Andrei and Walter are both the problem and the
solution, again, no real solution unless their is a spinoff
languages owned by a different group

I think that a lot of the complainers, are expecting that either
Andrei or Walter, will create a new version of D that is
basically a new language, or that they will explicitly create a
new language that have all of D good points but none of the bad

I dont think that Andrei or Walter, are interested in creating a
new language, I think they will keep trying to improve D
incrementally

As a realistic short term fix, I think both Andrei and Walter,
need to streamline and be more vocal about long term plans,
because this is obviously a source of confusion for many, and a
source for a lot of rants