Dicebot on leaving D: It is anarchy driven development in all its glory.

drug drug2004 at bk.ru
Sun Aug 26 18:18:04 UTC 2018

On 26.08.2018 19:45, Sjoerd Nijboer wrote:

> The first five minutes of VisualD and DUB are rough!
> Consecutively they shun me away a lot of the time.
>
> I'm also lurking on the forums for all of D's promises, but it doesn't
> seem productively useable outside of isolated projects whitout tightly
> locked down dependencies and the ability to maintain your own compiler
> and libraries.
> It might be in practise, but it certainly doesn't look to be so.
>
> https://forum.dlang.org/post/ydggepqkufeqaauoicsz@forum.dlang.org

I use D heavily 6+ years and based on my experience I can state it is
highly productive language comparing to C/C++ I work with too. In D I
can do more than in C/C++. C is too low level and so verbose, C++ lacks
for some metaprogramming features and it's less consistent than D.

It's rather funny to see how one man who forced to program in
programming language he doesn't like can triggers comments from lurkers
that they don't like D too. No offense.
D is in great form and is getting much better and better and I'd like to
ask D community to continue their good work and make D great again.