Origins of the D Programming Language

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Wed Dec 5 04:04:31 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, December 4, 2018 12:18:22 PM MST Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-
d wrote:
> On 2018-12-02 16:21, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
> > Tango was eventually ported to D2, but it hasn't been maintained. I
> > tried to compile it to benchmark its XML parser against dxml when
> > preparing my dconf talk this year, and Tango wouldn't compile anymore.
>
> The latest tested version of DMD which compiles Tango is supposed to be
> 2.068.

Well, then that would be a clear indicator that it's unmaintained at this
point. That's not even close to the current version of dmd, and it's
certainly nowhere near the version that it would need to work with for me to
be able to compare its XML parser with dxml like I was trying to do.

- Jonathan M Davis