Origins of the D Programming Language

Nemanja Boric dlang at nemanjaboric.com
Wed Dec 5 11:20:37 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 5 December 2018 at 04:04:31 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Tuesday, December 4, 2018 12:18:22 PM MST Jacob Carlborg via
> Digitalmars- d wrote:
>> On 2018-12-02 16:21, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
>> > Tango was eventually ported to D2, but it hasn't been
>> > maintained. I tried to compile it to benchmark its XML
>> > parser against dxml when preparing my dconf talk this year,
>> > and Tango wouldn't compile anymore.
>>
>> The latest tested version of DMD which compiles Tango is
>> supposed to be 2.068.
>
> Well, then that would be a clear indicator that it's
> unmaintained at this point. That's not even close to the
> current version of dmd, and it's certainly nowhere near the
> version that it would need to work with for me to be able to
> compare its XML parser with dxml like I was trying to do.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

Ocean's XML parser should be a fork of Tango's one and ocean
compiles officially with DMD up to 2.078 and I know some parts
are compiling with newer compilers (new major should support
newer compilers officially):

https://github.com/sociomantic-tsunami/ocean/tree/v4.x.x/src/ocean/text/xml