Removing Meson as way of building dcd, d-scanner, etc

Filipe Laíns lains at archlinux.org
Sun Dec 9 16:46:57 UTC 2018

On Friday, 7 December 2018 at 17:29:45 UTC, Neia Neutuladh wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Dec 2018 08:15:58 +0000, Antonio Corbi wrote:
> The meson documentation currently says that dub dependencies
> don't get fetched.

Yeah... Meson is a build system not a build system & package
manager like dub.

> If substituting `dub build` with `meson build` just worked,
> that would be fine. Instead, it's substituting `dub build` with
> `dub fetch pkgA versionA && dub fetch pkgB versionB && ... &&
> meson build`. That's pretty unfriendly. So I'd end up having to
> write a meson build file and a build script, and I'd have to
> keep dependencies in sync between the two.

Uh? Please show me your project. You can easily define the
dependency version in meson and then call a prepare script that
runs dub fetch and dub build. You can also have meson
automatically update the dependencies in your dub file.