Removing Meson as way of building dcd, d-scanner, etc

Neia Neutuladh neia at ikeran.org
Fri Dec 7 17:29:45 UTC 2018

On Fri, 07 Dec 2018 08:15:58 +0000, Antonio Corbi wrote:
> On the other hand my pet-project compile times have downloaded from
> approx. 1m 10s. build time with dub to approx. 50s. build time with
> meson.

That looks like the time difference I got from adding --no-deps to the
command line for dub and depending on gtk-d as a shared library.

> I.e. I declare dependencies to fetch with dub in meson.build like this:

The meson documentation currently says that dub dependencies don't get
fetched.

If substituting `dub build` with `meson build` just worked, that would be
fine. Instead, it's substituting `dub build` with `dub fetch pkgA versionA
&& dub fetch pkgB versionB && ... && meson build`. That's pretty
unfriendly. So I'd end up having to write a meson build file and a build
script, and I'd have to keep dependencies in sync between the two.