What is the state of Microcontroller support in d?

Piotrek dummy at dummy.gov
Tue Dec 11 18:08:10 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 29 November 2018 at 11:00:45 UTC, Mike Franklin
wrote:
> I'm no longer working with D, so I don't know if any of this
> has a future; sorry.

Hi Mike,

That's really sad information.
I was following your contributions and I am really grateful for
what you have done for the D development. Especially in the
embedded systems area, which is my primary domain.

I plan to start/reopen my open source activities in D (specially
for SW related to the RISC-V architecture) from January 2019
(yeah, that's correct, the new year's plans ;)).

BTW, I was thinking about suggesting a new targeted donation
campaign to found a paid work on D improvements in embedded
system development.

If it's not a problem for you, can you explain what was the
reason for leaving D?

Cheers,
Piotrek