Better string mixins

Ethan gooberman at gmail.com
Sat Dec 29 14:20:22 UTC 2018

On Friday, 28 December 2018 at 14:13:04 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
> I'm sure you're bored of hearing this, but workplaces aren't
> very uniform in expected demeanor across different countries,
> industries, companies and jobs. Playing on stereotypes: what
> might be normal behaviour for a sysadmin at an Australian games
> company would likely be horrifically bad behaviour for a
> user-facing tech support role in a German accounting software
> company.

Can confirm that I've used the phrase "next level shit" at my GDC
presentation.

Certainly what's considered professional in my industry (an
entertainment industry) doesn't fly with classic white-collar IT.

(TIL that it's now classified gold-collar. Whatevs.)

Swears are fine where I'm from. Using swears to demean or insult
someone doesn't matter, you're still being demeaning and
insulting ie a dick. Don't be a dick.

Of course, I don't mind keeping it white-collar when I post here.
I swear a lot in person, use blue-ish humour to get a point
across. But on a forum, I have the luxury of time to think about
how to say something in a clean manner.