Quora: Why hasn't D started to replace C++?

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Sun Feb 4 17:58:48 UTC 2018

On Sun, 2018-02-04 at 01:53 +0000, psychoticRabbit via Digitalmars-d
wrote:

> […]

> In my experience, there is nothing worse than a 'learnt' manager
> ;-)

I disagree.

> People either have the gift, or they do not. Most do not.

Again I disagree.

> (if they have the gift, then improving their skills is a good
> thing - otherwise they are best doing something they are good at).

The point here is that organisations should not be structured via
management as the metric – good technical people should not have to
move to management in order to be promoted. Promoting good technical
people to positions of management is rarely a good move, sometimes it
works, but not as often as the system is set up to require.

Likewise a good CTO rarely makes a good CEO.

What The D Foundation needs is a CEO who is a good CEO.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200