A betterC base

Dave Jones dave at jones.com
Thu Feb 8 17:03:58 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 8 February 2018 at 14:56:31 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
> ooh better last sentence
>

> D's GC implementation follows in the footsteps of industry
> giants without compromising experts' ability to realize maximum
> potential from the machine.

If D had a decent garbage collector it might be a more convincing
argument. If going malloc didnt lose you a bunch of features and
bring a bunch of other stuff you need to be careful of, that
might be a good argument too.

I mean a good quality GC and seamless integration of manual
memory management would be a pretty good argument to make, but D
has neither of those ATM.