Quora: Why hasn't D started to replace C++?

Bo bo41 at bo0041.com
Fri Feb 9 13:08:25 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 8 February 2018 at 03:36:17 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
> But really who is selling D to anyone? We are very far from
> that stage right now.  Did someone sell D to Microsoft COM
> team, Remedy or to Weka? Nope.  People who had earned the
> authority to decide became aware of the language end decided to
> use it.  And they did so because for them it solved their
> particular problems better then anything else they could think
> of.

The question one needs to ask is more: how long ago have those
developers decided to use D and why is the technology not more
widespread in those companies.

If D solved the issues in those companies, you expect to see a
increased switch to a language.

And yet most of those companies use D in one project and it stays
in that one project. That means other developers do not switch,
management has no task to introduce it elsewhere and the project
is more or less supported by the developer that pushed for the
technology.