Which language futures make D overcompicated?

rumbu rumbu at rumbu.ro
Fri Feb 9 14:04:35 UTC 2018

On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 13:34:01 UTC, tetyys wrote:
> On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 13:10:16 UTC, rumbu wrote:
>>
>> And not a language feature but I hate dub. Just saying.
>
> Why do people hate dub? I think it's a great package manager
> and build tool

1. Keeps data in the %APPDATA%/Roaming folder. Connecting my
computer to the company network means that AD will sync zillions
of files on the company profile server. This issue is 4 years
old: https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/229
2. It's painfully slow.
3. As a library provider, you have a lot to learn about
configuration file format (2 formats).
4. Not integrated in Visual Studio. I know, I am a lazy and
convenient Windows user and the small black window called cmd
scares the sh*t out of me.