Which language futures make D overcompicated?

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Fri Feb 9 15:53:47 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-02-09 at 14:04 +0000, rumbu via Digitalmars-d wrote:

[…]
> 1. Keeps data in the %APPDATA%/Roaming folder. Connecting my
> computer to the company network means that AD will sync zillions
> of files on the company profile server. This issue is 4 years
> old: https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/229

Have you put forward a pull request to fix it, and tests obviously.

4 year old issues just mean no-one cares about it enough to do
something.

4 year old pull requests is time to fork the project with a new team of
developers.

> 2. It's painfully slow.
> 3. As a library provider, you have a lot to learn about
> configuration file format (2 formats).

Neither of which are really acceptable. :-(

> 4. Not integrated in Visual Studio. I know, I am a lazy and
> convenient Windows user and the small black window called cmd
> scares the sh*t out of me.

Isn't that a "create a VS plugin" problem?

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200