Being Positive

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Tue Feb 13 20:14:16 UTC 2018

On 2/12/18 10:46 PM, jmh530 wrote:
> On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 at 03:15:44 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
>>
>> I don't see a negative trend. [snip]
>
> I don't know if there's a negative trend or not, but every 2 or 3 months
> there's inevitably a thread about things D needs to add or improve that
> tends to devolve into complaints about the language.

One thing that has happened visibly starting around December 2017 is
that most activity has moved onto github. I can barely keep up with the
action going on in there. This is good on many levels, among which
obviously there's progress being made. Also, on github it's much easier
to keep things on track because the implicit goal is to reach a binary
conclusion pull/not, whereas in idle forum discussion the implicit
incentive is to keep discussion going. -- Andrei