How do you get comfortable with Dlang.org's Forum?

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Fri Feb 23 13:55:44 UTC 2018

On Friday, February 23, 2018 13:47:16 biocyberman via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> If I may say it honestly, and despite the useful 'save unsent
> draft' feature, the forum is by far the most user-unfriendly
> forum platform ever (by appearance). But I may be totally wrong,
> because users here are using the forum in totally different ways,
> and it may even has some nice perks that I haven't heard of.  I
> would like to enjoy a full joy of using the forum, like you are
> having.

dlang's "forum" is really a newsgroup. It's accessible via NNTP, mailing
list, and the web interface. Many of us never use the web interface, and the
functionality in the web interface is limited, because all it's doing is
posting to the NNTP server and fetching the messages from there to display
in the web interface.

And none of the features that you're talking about really make sense when
you're dealing with NNTP or a mailing list. It's all just plain text.

- Jonathan M Davis