How do you get comfortable with Dlang.org's Forum?

psychoticRabbit meagain at meagain.com
Fri Feb 23 14:25:55 UTC 2018

On Friday, 23 February 2018 at 13:47:16 UTC, biocyberman wrote:

> If I may say it honestly, and despite the useful 'save unsent
> draft' feature, the forum is by far the most user-unfriendly
> forum platform ever ....

So, to your question: "How do you get comfortable with
Dlang.org's Forum?"

by lowering your expectations ;-)

I don't mean that to be too crtical .. cause I actually find the
forum works very well for what I expect from it - which is not
alot ;-)

again.. not trying to be critical here, just pointing out the
obvious.

The forum is eternally in NNTP compatability mode, which is why
it doesn't have all those fancy features. I don't see that
changing anytime soon.

(btw. if you were born after 1990 or so.. so might have to google
what NNTP is ;-)

If there is one change that I would really like, it's dark theme
- cause I mostly do stuff at night, with a low lamp, and bright
white backgrounds are
really..really...really...really...really.......annoying.