How do you get comfortable with Dlang.org's Forum?

Patrick Schluter Patrick.Schluter at bbox.fr
Sat Feb 24 11:00:58 UTC 2018

On Friday, 23 February 2018 at 22:01:44 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Friday, 23 February 2018 at 17:56:29 UTC, Biocyberman wrote:
>> Speaking on behalf of myself, after additional inputs from
>> many excellent and respectful users in this 'forum'. I can say
>> that, on the scale of 1 (least geeky) to 10 (most geeky), I
>> would put forum.dlang.org to the level 8 of geekiness required
>> to use the forum. It may be natural for long-time users, but
>> for newcomers, it is very challenging.
>
> I have to admit that I don't understand this. I don't think it
> would be possible for it to be simpler to use this forum. No
> registration needed, plain text messages, just click "Reply"
> and type in your message. Additional features would make it
> more complicated.

I'm with you on that. The forum is one of the best I've
encountered. Of course the missing editing is due to the nntp
infrastructure and can be justified: uneditable posts forces one
to be careful and it avoids 1984 like history rewriting.
The enforcing of proper quoting is also a nice feature that works
remarquably well.