How do you use D?

Binghoo Dang dangbinghoo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 03:37:29 UTC 2018

On Friday, 28 July 2017 at 14:58:01 UTC, Ali wrote:

> How do you use D?

I use D for developing an RFID tracker tool, to track some tools
for security purpose.
It's basically a GUI application with RFID reader module using
serial-port read/write. for the GUI, I use GtkD, for Database
operation, I use entity. and It will have a web service
implemented using vibe.d

> Did you introduce D to your work place? How? What challenges
> did you face?

No, I used to introduce things I consider great or wonderful to
others. But now, I would not introduce anything to others.
Suitable tool for suitable jobs, and people have their own tastes.

> What is you D setup at work, which compiler, which IDE?

I'm using D via VSCode + code-d plugin, and for compiler, I use
dmd on linux, and ldc2 on windows. Both of them works great for
my GTK GUI.

The VScode+Code-d sometime seems too slow or did not correctly
detect a compilation process. But it's enough for me, I got
autocomplete works great.