load data from txt file

codephantom me at noyb.com
Thu Jan 4 11:48:22 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 4 January 2018 at 08:39:04 UTC, Tony wrote:

> OK, thanks. The removechars() note about deprecation said to
> use std.regex instead so I have been looking at that and after
> a struggle did make some use of std.regex.replaceAll. Reminded
> me of the famous Jamie Zawinski quote: "Some people, when
> confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular
> expressions." Now they have two problems.

If I see this in someones code  - import std.regex; - it
immediately causes me concerns - not just because I do not
understand it, but there is no way for me to know whether that
person understands it.

So that is a well known quote..for a reason ;-)

I've had a long career without regex, and I plan to keep it that
way.