Dll support: testers needed

Benjamin Thaut code at benjamin-thaut.de
Tue Jan 9 14:43:43 UTC 2018

Am 09.01.2018 um 12:02 schrieb MrSmith:
> Is it possible to put common code in exe, and use that code from dlls?
> Or anything can be exported only by dll?

You can only export from dlls. I don't know of any use case where
exporting from a executable would make sense. No, you can't put common
code into a executable and use that code from dlls. Thats not how dlls
are designed to work on windows.

If you absoutely still want to export from an executable you can still
use -L/EXPORT:"mangledSymbolName"

> Is it possible to have circular dependencies between dlls?

No. You will get linker errors. Same as in C/C++.

> Tips for doing dlls with dub?

Well, first my PR will have to get merged. Then you'll have to wait
until a release exists that actually has my changes and then maybe there
is support added in dub. Before that I think trying to use dub to create
dlls is wasted effort.

--
Kind Regards
Benjamin Thaut