Dscanner - DCD - Dfix ... Editor support or the lack of it.

Basile B. b2.temp at gmx.com
Fri Jan 26 00:56:05 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 25 January 2018 at 22:21:18 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Thursday, 25 January 2018 at 21:56:12 UTC, Benny wrote:
>> It was my impression that D Foundation has sponsoring from
>> different companies. No clue how much but its strange to run a
>> Foundation and not being able to pay one or more full time
>> employees.
>
> If someone has been hired to work on tooling, I've not heard
> about it. Based on the number of complaints that should be a
> priority. I usually work with nothing more than a text editor
> so it's not an issue for me.

No one has. The work on tools happens here since 8 months:
https://github.com/dlang-community. I was in the team until
September and i can say without any doubt that there's no money
involved.

I someone is paid for making tools then it's a kind of
"Manhattan-project".
So impossible, it would split people and create tensions.