Dscanner - DCD - Dfix ... Editor support or the lack of it.

Rubn where at is.this
Fri Jan 26 03:40:26 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 25 January 2018 at 21:18:23 UTC, Benny wrote:
> It seems to be that they understand the value of better tooling
> and friendly platform support. Whereas its my impression that a
> lot of resources get focused on making D its compiler /
> language better but the rest seems to be ignored.

Well the entirety of what is used in basically every editor was
developed by one person. Until recently all those projects were
solely maintained by that one person. Rust's compiler can be
integrated with tools if I'm not mistaken, at least I know it was
being worked on a while back when I looked it up. Comparing to
Rust isn't exactly fair, it is a lot more financially well off
with Mozilla back it.

When the tools are community run it is going to be like this. No
one actually wants to work on it, they would rather be working on
their own projects. Not working on tools that make working on
their own projects a tiny bit easier. The tools are at a point
where they are decent enough to use. You seem to be short
tempered, you tried 2 plugins rather quickly, without even trying
to see if there were configurations or other options you could
use to get features working.

>   - Limited name suggestion ( VSC functionality not the plugin
> ) only by forcing VSC (ctrl+space).
>  - ... and nothing else...

This is just not true...

https://imgur.com/z6CZbjL.gif