An idea for commercial support for D

sclytrack sclytrack at fake.com
Tue Jan 30 20:54:07 UTC 2018

On Monday, 12 January 2015 at 06:30:20 UTC, Zach the Mystic wrote:
> Convenience, to me, is one-click downloading from the home
> page, one click installation, and full IDE support akin to what
> Apple, Microsoft and any other behemoth has done for their
> language. The language has nothing to do with it. D can't even
> remotely compete with these languages in terms of convenience.
> It needs a new slogan, and it can't get one until it knows what
> it is. Here's a suggestion: "A Language for Programmers". It
> would obviously need to be vetted by the big wigs, but from my
> perspective, it's already a real brand without any extra work.
> I wonder if they'll agree with me?

pgModeler (for postgres) sells the binaries for a small price.
The source code is GPL so it is available in linux distributions.

https://www.pgmodeler.com.br/

Text from their website:

"pgModeler is an open source software and you can get its source
code anytime if you want to compile it for yourself. As a
facility, we provide compiled binary packages at a really small
price. Also, if you're interested in evaluate a binary package,
you can get a demo copy before proceed with the purchase. Since
this is an independent project by purchasing any binary package
you'll help to keep its development alive and at full speed! "

There you go, full speed.