Quora: Why hasn't D started to replace C++?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Jan 31 21:19:50 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 08:05:37PM +0000, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Wednesday, 31 January 2018 at 19:59:23 UTC, Seb wrote:
> > ... and Mike did put _a lot_ of effort in pushing colorful error
> > messages:
>
> Yes, that was a direct result of that forum post I alluded to. It
> isn't something he (or most anyone else, in my experience) really
> cares about, but he felt if he did it then many Walter wouldn't waste
> any more time on it.

In fact, I find the colors distracting.  Pretty? Certainly.  But
helpful?  Not really, at least not for me.  I'd rather stick with just
B&W. But all things considered, it's a pretty minor issue, and one
that's not worth the time to complain about.  (Haha, and look what I
just did. :-P)

Latin's a dead language, as dead as can be; it killed off all the Romans, and now it's killing me! -- Schoolboy