Quora: Why hasn't D started to replace C++?

Benny benny.luypaert at rhysoft.com
Wed Jan 31 22:29:15 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 31 January 2018 at 11:42:14 UTC, Seb wrote:
> Here's a spoiler:
>
> 1) Andrei does an excellent job at managing his students [1]
> and there work over the last couple of months has been
> tremendous. As the experiment with UPB was very successful,
> there will be more projects like this one and global scholarship
>
> 2) The vision document will finally get updated (there have
> been a few delays due to holiday, illnesses etc.)
>
> https://wiki.dlang.org/Vision/2017H2
>
> 3) More community input (I'm preparing a State of D survey atm)
>
> 4) More active voting by the community on important issues
>
> 5) Better documentation and overview on what the foundation is
> doing
>
> Currently under discussion/work:
>
> 6) Using OpenCollective for tracking expenses openly
> 7) Offering membership packages for companies
> 8) Doing bi-annual Kickstarter compaigns for important issues
> to the community (e.g. "fix shared")

Thank you Seb and the other.

Sorry for going off the rails but i do like D a lot. Its the only
reason i keep coming back for the same punishment time and time
again. It simply gets so frustrating at times what feels like
running into a stone wall.

Maybe the real issue is not the issues that need to be solved but
the lack of "news". The blogs are very interesting and i applaud
them. But is it maybe not time to have a real news section on the
site where project status updates are provided. We are not
talking blogs but smaller news snipes that do not take a lot of
time, so people who do not spend there life on the forum or other
locations feel like there is indeed movement. It can also help in
the actual marketing.