Remember the Vasa! by Bjarne Stroustrup

KingJoffrey KingJoffrey at KingJoffrey.com
Sat Jun 2 09:27:06 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 2 June 2018 at 00:49:04 UTC, Bastiaan Veelo wrote:

> These are exactly the things that enable us to bring a very
> large code base to D. Not just faster or better, it makes the
> difference between impossible and possible. And we are
> engineers needing to solve real-world problems, not CS nerds
> that find these features merely interesting from a theoretical
> perspective. Stay tuned for an announcement...

Well, as a real world engineer, needing to solve real-world
problems, and 'interested in' bringing large code bases to D, can
you tell me why I cannot have an encapsulated class in D, but
instead, I am forced to outsource that enscapsulation to the
module?

When will the impossible, become possible?