D community's view on syntactic sugar

Norm norm.rowtree at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 07:55:37 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 19 June 2018 at 07:14:11 UTC, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> On Monday, 18 June 2018 at 20:54:22 UTC, aberba wrote:
>> [...]
>
> I look at popularity but I prefer crutical thinking.
>
> Nothing beats simple non-async code in understamdability save
> for declarative stuff or no code. Really no code is best but
> obviously not always an option.
>
> [...]

I hear your rage. People should not sip the kool aid lightly.

Avoid *ANY* form of complexity unless it is really needed.
Add code only when needed
Keep things synchronous until you cannot then redesign so you can

If you really really must use asynchronous design know why you
must and what you are getting into then decouple that code as
much as possible.