forum best practices

Jonathan M Davis newsgroup.d at jmdavisprog.com
Sat Jun 30 22:04:16 UTC 2018

On Saturday, June 30, 2018 14:45:15 Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> It's fine to post "I agree", just don't quote the rest of it.
> The newsreader is perfectly capable of displaying what you're replying
> to.

Quoting at least _part_ of the message is highly desirable for those using
the mailing list, even it's very abbreviated. Unfortunately, it's not
uncommon for e-mail clients to misorder posts when threading them, and if a
post doesn't quote anything, it can become very difficult to figure out what
on earth the post is replying to.

- Jonathan M Davis