Interesting article from JVM world - Conservative GC: Is It Really That Bad?

Nikolay sibnick at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 02:42:48 UTC 2018

These guys have independent JVM implementation and used
Conservative GC for many years. As I can see it it is very
similar to d-runtime GC. But their conclusion is: "sooner or
later the absence of knowledge about the liveness of local
variables will lead to problems in production that just cannot be
handled"

BTW Have we any progress or scheduled for GC improvements (e.g.
process fork for parallel GC, thread-local GC)?