Please vote for Dub integration into Sonatype Nexus

Andre Pany andre at s-e-a-p.de
Wed Mar 21 11:49:00 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 21 March 2018 at 09:37:15 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Tue, 2018-03-20 at 18:55 +0000, Dmitry Olshansky via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 20 March 2018 at 06:48:15 UTC, Andre Pany wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > if you have by chance a Sonatype account please vote for
>> > this issue to get Dub integrated into Sonatype Nexus:
>> > https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS-15560.
>>

>> If we plan to extend DUB registry file format and the like
>> this may be premature. But I like the initiative.
>
> Perhaps making use of Bintray would be a better route.
>
> I suspect hosting D-Apt on Bintray would also be possible.
>
> I wonder if creating a Fedora RPM package repository analogous
> to D-Apt on Bintray would be feasible.

If I understand correctly, Bintray == JFrog Artifactory. Yes it
would be also nice if dub support is added to both solutions.
If JFrog accepts PR on Github we could even add dub support
on ourselfs.

One side information. I also created a pr for dub to support
maven repositories
as dub registries. https://github.com/dlang/dub/pull/1415
With this pull request we can use many repository solutions
(Nexus, Artifactory, ...)
as dub registries.

Kind regards
André