-betterC is amazing, make (/keep making) it more sophisticated!

Aedt adnansignsup at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 22:33:37 UTC 2018

I've been playing with D for a while. I usually
write/maintain/contribute to C and C++ applications for *nix. D
is low key amazing, it has
- C standard library in the standard
- continually improving betterC idioms
- built in version blocks, unit test and debug blocks
- painless doc gen
- modules and painless dependency handling
- linter, formatting tool and suggestion tool independent of
editors
Now if D manages all of the following it's going to be even
better:
- complete porting the C99 compliant C compiler fornt end to the
D compiler so you can seamlessly just import C headers (like C++)
- Improve shared library support

Don't know about other C programmers but if D grants me to write
C with modules, doc gen and dep handling, I can switch any day!
But I need to be able to use tons of C libraries without having
to writing wrappers for them.

Thank you.