#dbugfix 17592

12345swordy alexanderheistermann at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 01:55:48 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 22 March 2018 at 01:09:56 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:

> But @nogc is a compile time thing, meaning it cannot work here.

Are you suggesting that we need runtime version of system/user
attributes?

> All classes are dynamic types

I do not see it anywhere in the dlang specification that supports
your claim.
https://dlang.org/spec/class.html

Why can't it produce a warning message regarding implied classes
conversion if it detects mismatch attributes? The risk of
information exist when making certain dynamic type conversion. I
do not see for any reason why they can't be warning messages
regarding the possibility of losing information when making
implied type conversions. There even a DIP pull request consist
of deprecating a certain type conversion, because of certain bugs
detected.