Ideas for students' summer projects

Mike Franklin slavo5150 at yahoo.com
Wed May 23 03:43:16 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 22 May 2018 at 16:27:05 UTC, Eduard Staniloiu wrote:

> Let the brainstorming begin!

An LDC or GDC cross-compiler generator for the Raspberry Pi.

There are already some instructions out there (e.g.
http://d-land.sepany.de/einstieg-in-die-raspberry-pi-entwicklung-mit-ldc.html), but what we really need are shell scripts for Linux and Windows that we can download and run, and out pops a read-to-use compiler that can generate binaries on either Windows or Linux for the Raspberry Pi.

See my GDC cross-compiler generator at
https://github.com/JinShil/arm-none-eabi-gdc

I do a lot of support for scientists, engineers, and
entrepreneurs of other non-software-related disciplines.  The all
need to write code and all want to create embedded systems for
their research or their product.  I believe many of them would
enjoy D (due to their current knowledge of C) for their work if
there wasn't such a high barrier to entry just to get the
development tooling set up.

Mike