Goto skips declaration

Stanislav Blinov stanislav.blinov at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 22:04:51 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 3 November 2018 at 21:36:08 UTC, Michelle Long wrote:

> No, the problem actually exists. Simply because a simplified
> example does not produce the result does not mean it doesn't
> exist. The compiler does a lot of things so to suggest that I
> simply fabricated the error because the simplified
> demonstration case does not produce the error as pathetic.

Why are you so hostile?! No one is suggesting anything of the
sort. I'm sure you understand that in order to fix a problem it
first needs to be reproduced. There are several issues sitting in
Bugzilla that no one can do anything about because they only
occur in people's non-trivial codebases.

> I got this error in my code and I simplified all the crap out
> of it to what I did that produced it and how I remedied it.
> It's not my fault you don't believe me.

??? The example that you provided is literally shown to work. You
insist there is a problem regardless, but no one except you can
provide an actual sample case, unless someone else eventually
runs into it, of course.