Goto skips declaration

Rubn where at is.this
Mon Nov 5 00:14:18 UTC 2018

On Sunday, 4 November 2018 at 17:12:37 UTC, Michelle Long wrote:
> That is enough to PROVE there is a bug somewhere. Either it is
> an issue with goto or some other compiler bug or a complex
> combination of problems, but all due to dmd.
>
> The fact that I can't produce a simple test case for others
> does not disprove this. The example I gave wasn't meant for a
> test case but to outline the problem. I thought it was a
> grammar related language decision. Either way, I would expect
> the "experts" to be able to figure out the real underlying
> issue immediately or after a few minutes of work. I guess I
> expect to much?
>
> But what happens is the flood of the tyrants who demand that I
> stop everything I'm doing and produce a test case that has the
> same bug so they can be convinced that such a bug exists come
> marching in! It's not like any of them(or almost) will do
> anything to fix the bug. In fact, many will say it's not a bug
> but a feature.

It's not a matter of convincing someone. Imagine someone told you
there's a needle in a haystack and they have magnet to find it,
but then they are demanding you find it without a magnet. Without
a reproducible test case your error won't be fixed. If you
reduced it to it's simplest form and the error doesn't exist
anymore, then how is someone suppose to find out what is wrong
with it? Problems don't get solved if they can't be reproduced.
You have a reproducible test case. If you want it to get fixed
the bare minimum you have to do is provide the test case for it.

Again not a matter of convincing, but fixing a bug with a test
case is 100000x easier than without one.