It is the year 2020: why should I use / learn D?

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 13:53:48 UTC 2018

On Friday, 16 November 2018 at 13:10:19 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
> I've never had C++ projects break due to a compiler update, nor
> have I ever filed a clang or gcc bug.

I used to regularly hit problems around 2005-2007ish in C++,
including updates breaking stuff, libraries using new stuff that
would not work in my install, and yes, plain old bugs like
compiler crashes (lots of them when trying to use Boost back
then!). Of course, "plain" code would work well, but I can say
the same about D now too.

I'd say feature-wise, D is about 4 years ahead of C++, but
implementation-wise, meaning the compiler and associated
ecosystem probably about 8 years behind C++...