It is the year 2020: why should I use / learn D?

welkam wwwelkam at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 12:54:24 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 22 November 2018 at 10:08:06 UTC, Chris wrote:

> Yawn. Same strategy again: "Contribute or shut up!". Groundhog
> Day.

I have been long enough on this forum/mailing list to have seen
the same thing happen over and over again. Just like you say -
Groundhog Day but I see different thing. I see people who dont
understand how little available resources D have and who think
that things are the way they are not because of lack of resources
but because people are stupid. They go on forum/mailing list
having wrong preconceptions thinking that if things are bad
because of stupid people and if I enlighten those stupid people
things will get better. So they make post.

But then people from community try to explain to them that its
lack of resources that is responsible and if you want for thing
to change either contribute your own work or donate money. Sadly
this kind of response is minority of post on thread and most
people are getting carried by secondary topics.

People dont like this response and get frustrated and leave this
forum after few more post of their own, but few begin to
understand that D doesnt live to its potential because people
rather use D than contribute to this project and if there is a
problem they just complain instead of working on solving it. Now
here things get funny. Well at least to me. In essence they are
complaining that other people act just like them without
realizing that they complain about them self.

D project has huge surface area - from low level to web
development, from game consoles to mobile. People dont want for
things just to run but the whole experience to be excellent.
Thats not possible with just $1605 per month. we need more than
10x more than that.

"D foundation expenses for H1 2017 have averaged at $1605 per
month."