It is the year 2020: why should I use / learn D?

welkam wwwelkam at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 19:45:11 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 24 November 2018 at 17:43:05 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> I think the problem with D is that the work that needs to be
> done is not clearly defined, you don't get credit in any way,
> and even if you do it, there's no reason to think you've done
> it "right", so it might all be for nothing. If you can fix
> those three things, you might be able to get people to
> contribute to things they don't care about.
That is a good observation. D would benefit if some one
implemented systems from video games. Games are really good at
defining goals, guiding players toward achieving them, tracking
progress and rewarding them at any small improvement. The problem
is that people in D community are developers not psychologist.
Second problem is that implementing such systems require work and
we already have too many tasks that need to be done.