Windows AutoTester get VS2017?

Nicholas Wilson iamthewilsonator at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 27 04:52:54 UTC 2018

On Tuesday, 27 November 2018 at 02:12:35 UTC, Manu wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2018 at 6:10 PM Nicholas Wilson via
> Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Monday, 26 November 2018 at 18:18:37 UTC, Manu wrote:
>> > Can someone who has access to the Windows AutoTester
>> > machines please update them to VS2017? It's free.
>> >
>> > C++ interop needs modern C++ compilers:
>> > https://auto-tester.puremagic.com/pull-history.ghtml?projectid=1&repoid=2&pullid=2346
>>
>> Its probably easier and waaaay faster to update our Appveyor
>> configurations since they have VS2017 images available.
>> Actually looks like we'd need to add one for druntime (&
>> phobos but that can wait) since only dmd has an appveyor.yml
>> at the moment.
>
> I have no preference for how this is solved... but my stdcpp
> work is all blocked on this, so it'd be good if vested
> interests could decide on a solution.

Then lets go with Appveyor then. It should be pretty easy to copy
across  the dmd appveyor.{sh,yml} to druntime, change the VS
versions and dependent paths and dyke out anything thats not
really necessary (e.g. testing/building phobos). I'd do this ,but
I don't have VS2017 and someone else would have to review/merge
it.

I wonder what compiler versions the buildkite agents run? Could
possibly use those to test linux.