Please don't do a DConf 2018, consider alternatives

Joakim dlang at joakim.fea.st
Thu Oct 4 10:13:37 UTC 2018

On Thursday, 4 October 2018 at 10:02:28 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
> On Thu, 2018-10-04 at 08:06 +0000, Joakim via Digitalmars-d
> wrote:
>> […]
>>
>> The link in my OP links to a guy who maintained a spreadsheet
>> of Apple-related conferences as evidence. He lists several
>> that went away and says nothing replaced them. If you don't
>> even examine the evidence provided, I'm not sure why we should
>> care about your opinions.
>
> So Apple conferences are a dead end.

Remember though that this is the top developer ecosystem on the
planet right now, as iOS apps bring in more revenue than Android
still.

> Python, C++, Go, Rust, all these languages have thriving
> conferences. You just have to look at the world-wide increase
> in the number of such conferences for the data required.
>
> But then my opinion, and indeed my data, doesn't seem matter to
> you so we might as well just stop communicating since you are
> never going to change you mind about this issue, even though
> you are actually wrong.

I've presented evidence in a handy link, you give none.

I could be wrong about anything, including that the Earth is
round and I'm not in the Matrix. But to convince me that I am,
I'll need evidence, same as I've presented to you.