Farewell (of sorts)

Shachar Shemesh shachar at weka.io
Thu Oct 4 13:15:23 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

First of all, I know I've had a shorter than usual fuse of late. I'd
like to apologize to everyone about this. It is the culmination of quite
a few things increasing the load I'm under.

One of those things is this: October 14th will be my last day working
for Weka.IO. Accordingly, my involvement in D will be considerably
reduced after that date, as working with D will no longer be my day job.

A few of you knew that I was looking for a new job, but I postponed
officially announcing this, as I wanted to see who will be taking over
maintenance of Mecca. On that front, I have some good news and some bad
news.

The bad news is that the person taking over will not have Mecca as his
sole responsibility. I am hoping he'll be able to do enough.

The good news is that they put on this task my top pick for it. His name
is Eyal Lotem, and is a great developer. Some of you have met him as he
attended DConf three years ago.

I will probably keep half an eye on the forum, and I might also be
around on the Slack channels. My email address will change as a result.
Feel free to find me at firstname at lastname.biz, after applying the
relevant substitutions. I think it's a better captcha than running D
code :-)

Shachar