Norwich 2018-11-07

bachmeier no at spam.net
Wed Oct 17 13:15:44 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 17 October 2018 at 08:35:09 UTC, Russel Winder
wrote:

> D + GtkD (inc GStreamerD) is really quite nice. The biggest
> downside is the documentation presenting all the C examples not
> D ones, and the lack of non- trivial examples of use. The
> biggest problem is really not enough different applications,
> and the need for more effort on the documentation and examples.

I can definitely see that. I wanted to write a GUI program some
time ago and looked at GtkD. It wasn't easy to see where to start
with GtkD, and I eventually ended up running a local web server
and creating the GUI in the browser. This is a good example of
the non-technical things holding D back, largely because of the
small community.