The State of the GUI

Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Sun Oct 28 01:06:05 UTC 2018

On 10/25/18 4:04 AM, Adam Wilson wrote:
> On 10/24/18 7:44 PM, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:
>> On 10/24/18 9:39 PM, Adam Wilson wrote:
>>>
>>> The following is my credentials in the UX space. I took a UX design
>>> class from Billy Hollis, a well known (in the Microsoft space) UX
>>> designer.
>>
>> Well there's your problem. It's been a long time since MS was known
>> for UIs that *aren't* a complete clusterf*ck, so it's difficult to
>> assume anything they're relying on is necessarily reputable.
>>
>> Besides, "I took a class" hardly counts as credentials.
>
> He doesn't work for MSFT, he just works with their tools because they
> offer the best (by his standards) ecosystem that isn't HTML.

I wasn't implying he did. You implied that he's well-appreciated in MS
circles. I'm saying that doesn't necessarily mean a whole heck of a lot.

> Ok, what you got? I took a class is much better than "I don't like what
> you said so you're wrong."

"I took a class" isn't anything at all. It's negligable, near-zero. Both
of us have real-world experience that absolutely dwarfs "I took a class".

And, no, I'm *not* saying "You're wrong *because* the credentials are
meaningless." I'm saying "You're wrong, *and* meaningless credentials
are meaningless."