This thread on Hacker News terrifies me

tide tide at tide.tide
Mon Sep 3 15:33:22 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 1 September 2018 at 20:48:27 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:
> On 9/1/2018 5:25 AM, tide wrote:
>> and that all bugs can be solved with asserts
>
> I never said that, not even close.

Are you in large implying it.

> But I will maintain that DVD players still hanging on a
> scratched DVD after 20 years of development means there's some
> cowboy engineering going on, and an obvious lack of concern
> about that from the manufacturer.

Yes why wouldn't a company want to fix a "feature" where by, if
you have a scratch on a DVD you have to go buy another one in
order to play it. It's obviously not that big of a deal breaker,
even for you, considering you are still buying them 20 years on.