This thread on Hacker News terrifies me

Gambler MyNickname at ks2.ru
Mon Sep 3 18:18:39 UTC 2018

On 9/3/2018 1:55 PM, Gambler wrote:
> There is this VR game called Fantastic Contraption. Its interface is
> light-years ahead of anything else I've seen in VR. The point of the
> game is to design animated 3D structures that solve the problem of
> traversing various obstacles while moving from point A to point B. Is
> that not "real" programming? You make a structure to interact with an
> environment to solve a problem.

I posted this without any context, I guess. I brought this game
(http://fantasticcontraption.com) up, because:

1. It's pretty close to "programming" something useful. Sort of virtual
robotics, minus sensors.
2. The interface is intuitive, fluid and fun to use.
3. While you designs may fail, they fail in a predictable manner,
without breaking the world.
4. It's completely alien to all those horrible wire diagram environments.

Seems like we can learn a lot from it when designing future programming
environments.