This thread on Hacker News terrifies me

Guillaume Piolat spam at smam.org
Mon Sep 3 21:53:11 UTC 2018

On Saturday, 1 September 2018 at 11:36:52 UTC, Walter Bright
wrote:

> I'm rather sad that I've never seen these ideas outside of the
> aerospace industry. Added to that is all the pushback on them I
> get here, on reddit, and on hackernews.

Just chiming in to say you're certainly not ignored, it's an
article on d-idioms
https://p0nce.github.io/d-idioms/#Unrecoverable-vs-recoverable-errors

I tend to follow your advice and let some assertions in
production, even for a b2c product I was surprised to see it
works well, as it's a lot better than not having bug reports and
stay with silent failure in the wild. None of that would happen
with "recovered" bugs.